The Argentina & Surrounds Multi-client Basin Analysis Report provides a regional play-based evaluation of the Malvinas and surrounding basins, based on the interpretation of available open-file data.
Utilising a multidisciplinary approach with emphasis on geology, geophysics (seismic, magnetics and gravity) and geochemistry, a considerable part of this Study is devoted to assessing two principal risks identified in this area: hydrocarbon charge and reservoir presence.
The five principal products include:
- plate tectonic reconstructions;
- synchronised sequence stratigraphic framework;
- paleogeographic atlas from the Permian to the Present;
- geochemical atlas with regional temperature/maturity maps; and
- play map atlas integrating plate tectonics, paleogeography and geochemical information and outlining the most prospective regions.
The study is available now.